Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Superchief used to be the name of a locomotive...and it still is!!!

Des Moines, Des Moines, Des Moines!!! What can I say, this city makes me proud to be an Iowan. You may love California, Florida, or New York, but when it comes to music I believe that Des Moines' small venues and its tight knit crew of music buffs makes this town what it is. I wasn't going to say anything but hell, we have the rights to one of the biggest metal bands in the world!!! If you don't know who it is already I'll give you a hint ( it starts with a SLIP and ends with a KNOT).

A little outfit called Superchief came to my attention about three years ago and they have captured my attention since then. I'm not sure I could even count the amount of times I have seen them take the stage. I definitely can't count the amount of beers I have consumed in their company either, but who's counting anyway? I have seen lineup changes twice, I have seen them with no singer and I may or may not have seen their singer perform a Miley Cyrus song. Whatever the case may be with Superchief, I think they have proven themselves to be a premier and familiar face on the stages in Des Moines.

I have never spent $12 on one issue of a magazine in my life, but when I found out the boys from Superchief had a write up of their album in the January issue of Metal Hammer I had to scrape some change together. If you haven't seen the write up, well here it is along with a video that I shot of the boys about a year ago.

Oh, and by the way Playboy only charges $21 a year for a subscription and you get to see boobs!

-Greg




No comments: